I joined Weir Bowen LLP in August 2012 because of my interest in civil litigation and more specifically, interests in negotiation, mediation and trial advocacy. I quickly developed an interest in representing clients in medical malpractice claims.
If you are injured due to medical malpractice, getting compensation for your injuries means you face making a claim against large organizations with vast resources. To protect your rights and make sure you are getting fair compensation, it is best to contact a lawyer who is experienced and knowledgeable in the area of medical malpractice.
I have successfully represented clients in claims involving medical negligence including claims against doctors, nurses and hospitals. I am prepared to take your case to trial, if it is necessary to achieve a just result. I have appeared as counsel in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
I am proud to help injured clients in their pursuit of justice against the parties that have caused their injuries. Medical malpractice cases often involve complex issues. As a member of BILA and Weir Bowen’s medical malpractice groups, I have the knowledge and expertise to deal with medical evidence and expert witnesses effectively.
I completed my Bachelor of Commerce Degree in 2009 and my Law Degree in 2012, both at the University of Alberta. I am also a member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA), the Western Canadian Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s Lawyers Group, the Canadian Bar Association, the Edmonton Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
I am currently the Vice President of Seminars with the ACTLA. My role has included developing seminars to provide continuing legal education to the legal community as well as giving seminar presentations on medical malpractice and personal injury topics.
I was born and raised in Grande Prairie, Alberta and moved to Edmonton in 2006. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and three kids. I am an active participant in various sports including hockey and tennis. I also enjoy traveling, and have been to several countries around the world including South Africa and Peru.
- 2009 – Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) – University of Alberta
- 2012 – Juris Doctor (with Distinction) – University of Alberta
- Birth Injury Lawyers Alliance
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association – Vice President of Seminars
- Western Canadian Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s Lawyers Group
- American Association for Justice – Birth Trauma, Professional Negligence and Motor Vehicle Accidents Sections
- Canadian Bar Association
- Edmonton Bar Association
- ACTLA March 2017 – Proving Liability by Defining Reasonable and Unreasonable Conduct
- Western Canadian Medical Malpractice Conference September 2017 – Using Rules to Prove Liability